A nine-part series giving makers tools to sell their products through multiple channels. The series can be taken as individual workshops or as a whole. Participants may apply to show their work in the d&mShop (administered by the Westphal Design & Merchandising Program) at Drexel University for the 2014 holiday season.
Free and open to the public.
- Establishing Your Brand: (Thursday, October 10th) - Participants will investigate and determine their target market and brand positioning.
- Selling Options: (Thursday, October 24th) - An in-depth look at the pros and cons of various selling channels – consignment, online, wholesale, and trade and craft shows.
- Pricing Your Product: (Thursday, November 14th) - Determine your price based on customers, sales, strategy, and brand as well as cost of materials, time, and mark up.
- Your Brand Is Still a Joke: (Tuesday, January 28th) - Develop a compelling brand story and Identity package for use across multi - channel media.
- Telling and Selling Your Story: (Tuesday, February 11th) - Develop various pitches, demos, and presentations that tell a compelling story to your customer.
- Look At Me: (Tuesday, February 25th) - Investigate traditional, new media and geurilla models and methods of paid and unpaid marketing and promotional activities.
- Your Calling Card: (Wednesday, April 9th) - You've made it. You've pitched it. Now what do you do? Leave your contact with a stellar take away that keeps you in their mind. In this hands on workshop we will develop ideas for take aways that strengthen your brand story.
- Visual Strategies: (Wednesday, April 23rd) - Presenting your product in person and on the web. Product must be king. Using the d&mPopUpShop, this hands on workshop will focus on strategies and practice of styling your products for maximum attention in person and online.
- Demystifying eCommerce: (Wednesday, April 30th) - If you build it will they come? This workshop will take a look at ecommerce options and strategies for launching, maintaining and promoting your ecommerce site.
- Sessions will alternate locations at UArts and Drexel University.