- Corzo Center Grantee Ugly Apparel Launches Kickstarter Campaign
- This Friday at Creative Mornings Philadelphia: Josh Lawrence
- From timepiece to design piece: An East Passyunk vision lands in MoMA store.
- 10th Annual Global Solutions Lab
- Writing Your Artist Statement and Bio
- Triple Bottom Line Series: A Look at the Economic Impacts and Financial Concerns of TBL Businesses
- Small Business Skills: Building Confidence, Self-Esteem and Financial Success
- The Power of Email Marketing: A Small Business Workshop
- 2820 Press + ING Retirement Planning Workshop
- Call for Submissions/ Save the Date: Mashed Awards at the Kimmel
Knight Arts Challenge Philadelphia Finalists Announced
The Knight Foundation today announced the 55 finalists in the Knight Arts Challenge Philadelphia. These applications were chosen from the 1,267 application submitted. The ideas cover a huge range, and were submitted by arts organizations of all disciplines and sizes, as well as by many individual artists and creative business-people.
Collectively the ideas represent a great expression of the creative energy and entrepreneurial spirit in Philadelphia. With I think maybe one exception (Black Pearl Chamber Orchestra?), this is a totally new group of organizations and individuals from those selected last year. Would love to see ALL these projects happen, but each of these finalists now goes to the next round where they must submit a full proposal. If last year is a guide, roughly half of these projects will actually be funded.
The group ranges from pretty large scale - the Janet Echelman public art piece that will be integrated into the new Dilworth Plaza design - to an individual who proposes to create a micro-grant program for artists, to projects targeting such immigrant populations as Lao, Liberian and Latino.
You can access the full list of finalists here. Congratulations to all of them!