- 10th Annual Global Solutions Lab
- Writing Your Artist Statement and Bio
- Triple Bottom Line Series: A Look at the Economic Impacts and Financial Concerns of TBL Businesses
- Small Business Skills: Building Confidence, Self-Esteem and Financial Success
- The Power of Email Marketing: A Small Business Workshop
- 2820 Press + ING Retirement Planning Workshop
- Call for Submissions/ Save the Date: Mashed Awards at the Kimmel
- Centennial Panel Discussion
- The Secret of Success: An Evening with Angela Duckworth
- Fireside chat with Rick Nucci, PSL president
Game Conference Launches in Philadelphia with Focus on Grassroots Game Development
Philadelphia Game Lab will host the first annual Grassroots Game Conference from April 23rd to April 28th, 2012, in coordination with Philly Tech Week. Events emphasize development of games by small teams with a focus on commercial, artistic, and social good.
Presenters include representatives from the Smithsonian, National Endowment for the Arts, GlitchLabs LA, and a variety of nationally-recognized developers and educators. Gabe Zichermann, a thought leader on gamification, will give the keynote speech for the Games and Gamification for Non-profits track on Tuesday.
Small team game development is an emerging trend and is popular in the Philadelphiacommunity. While conferences like PAXand ComiCon serve the game player's community, and GDCand E3 serve established game developers and publishers, the Grassroots Game Conference is focused specifically on bringing together developers working in small creative teams and facilitating their success.
Events will be held at a variety of locations in CenterCity, Philadelphia, including City Hall and the University of the Arts. These events are facilitated by a broad base of Philadelphia’s creative community including co-sponsored events with the Corzo Center for the Creative Economy at the University of the Arts, CultureWorks of Greater Philadelphia, and the Philadelphia Office of Arts, Culture, and the Creative Economy.
More information and a full schedule of events can be found at GrassootsGameConference.org.
About PhiladelphiaGame Lab
Philadelphia Game Lab is a nonprofit entity that supports the development of a national epicenter for grassroots game development and technology in Philadelphia. More information is available at philadelphiagamelab.org.